Thin Stew Thick Soup
|Beef stew meat||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled and cubed|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Snipped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Trim all the fat from the meat and cut the meat into cubes of 1-inch each.
3) In a paper of plastic bag, combine together the salt, pepper and flour. Add the cubes of meat, a few at a time, and shake well to coat with the mixture.
4) Melt the shortening in a 4-quart oven-safe Dutch oven and add the meat and garlic. Cook till the meat has browned.
5) Add the water, onions, potatoes and green pepper.
6) Cover the Dutch-oven and bake in preheated oven for about 1 1/4-hours. Stir in the parsley and tomatoes.
7) Replace the cover and bake for another 20 minutes, or more if required, till the vegetables have tendered.
8) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9) Serve hot with biscuits or French bread.