Spinach And Oyster Soup
|Fresh spinach leaves/Three 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shucked oysters||2 1⁄2 Pint|
|Heavy cream||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Wash the fresh spinach leaves and remove the stems.
2) Cook the spinach, covered, in some salted boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the leaves and set them aside.
3) Melt margarine or butter in a 4-quart Dutch oven and add the garlic and onion. Cook till the vegetables are tender.
4) Stir in the flour and combine properly. Then add the cream, chicken broth, oysters and cooked spinach leaves.
5) Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the heat. Cook over low flame till the preparation has heated thoroughly.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 1209 Calories from Fat 962
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168.2%
Saturated Fat 66 g330.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 469.1 mg156.4%
Sodium 692.9 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A 374.3% Vitamin C 102.4%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet