Cream Of Spring Greens Soup
|Rich chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 , roughly chopped (Unpeeled)|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, stalks cut into 1 -inch pieces and tips reserved|
|Stemmed spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Tender Leaves)|
|Stemmed sorrel||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Tender Leaves)|
|Stemmed watercress leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Chervil sprig||2 (Fresh, For Garnish)|
1. Take a stainless steel heavy saucepan, add potatoes and stock and allow the mixture to come to boil. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Mix asparagus stalks and continue to cook for the stalks and potatoes to become soft. Add sorrel, watercress and spinach and mix well.
3. Take off from heat, cool and puree as batches. Pass through a fine sieve to strain. Cover and allow to chill.
4. Add reserved asparagus tips to boiling salted water and blanch for a minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain the excess cold water and keep aside.
5. Once the soup base is chilled as desired, mix pepper, nutmeg, cream and salt.
6. Spoon into individual soup bowls, top with chervil sprigs and asparagus tips and serve.
1. If the soup is thick, then add chicken stock or cream to make it thin.