Creamy Cauliflower Au Gratin Soup
|Golden onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope Lipton)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cauliflowerets||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Medium Size)|
|Celery stalk||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, combine soup mix with water.
2. Place pot over medium flame.
3. Add celery and cauliflower to the pot.
4. Boil the vegetables for a few minutes.
5. Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
6. When vegetables are tender take pot off the heat.
7. Pour the soup into a food processor or blender.
8. Pulse until pureed to a smooth consistency.
9. Return the puree to the saucepan and stir in cream and cheese.
10. Season with pepper.
11. Simmer the soup on a low flame for 5 minutes till the cheese melts and blends in.
12. Ladle the hot or cold soup into deep dish soup plates
13. Serve along with crusty Frenchbread.
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.3 mg12.4%
Sodium 502.4 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet