Home At Six Soup
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Shredded cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cheddar, Guacamole, Dairy Sour Cream, Corn Chips)|
1) Take a 6-quart Dutch stockpot or oven and in it cook onion and ground beef until the meat turns brown and the onion tenderizes.
2) Drain after that.
3) Next, stir in the undrained kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, basil, cumin, chili sauce and tomato sauce.
4) Boil the mixture in reduced heat.
5) Cover the mixture and simmer it for an hour.
6) Serve the dish with a topping of guacamole, cheese, corn chips and sour cream.