Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Broad egg noodles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Snipped fresh basil/1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed||1 Teaspoon|
|Snipped fresh thyme/1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a stockpot or a 6-quart Dutch oven, combine together the chicken broth, celery, onion, carrots and garlic.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat.
3) Cook over low flame, uncovered for about 20 minutes and then add the tomatoes, noodles, chicken, basil, pepper and thyme.
4) Cook for another 8 minutes or till the noodles have tendered.
5) Serve hot after garnishing with parsley.