|Brown lentils||8 Ounce|
|Cold water||2 1⁄2 Pint|
|Leek||6 Ounce, chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed and chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, skinned and chopped|
|Stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Take a saucepan and add lentil and sufficient amount of water.
2) Bring it to boil and then simmer for 1 hour, keep the saucepan covered with a lid.
3) Take a pan, heat oil, and stir fry onion, leek, carrot, and green pepper for 5 minutes and mix to the cooked lentils along with the tomatoes.
4) Melt butter and stir in flour, cook for a minute.
5) Slowly mix the stock and the vinegar and allow it to boil, simmer until the mixture thickens.
6) Blend in the stock mixture in the lentil mixture, cook and simmer for another 30 minutes.
7) Serve hot in a soup bowl.