Cream Of Celery Soup
|Celery||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Tofu whey||1 Quart|
|Tamari||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a bowl or jug combine the water and tamari. Stir to blend. Keep aside for later use.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over a medium flame.
3. Add the chopped celery and sauté it till it is tender. Using a slotted spoon remove the celery into a bowl and keep aside.
4. In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter.
5. When the butter starts to foam, stir in the spices and flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Taking pan off the heat, gradually pour in the milk and stirring continuously, blend to a smooth consistency.
7. Return pan on the flame and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
8. Stir in the water and tamari mixture.
9. Reduce the flame and simmer the soup for 20 minutes, stirring often.
10. When the soup thickens, add the sautéed celery, stir and simmer for another 2 minutes.
11. Ladle the hot soup into a deep dish soup plate or large soup bowls.
12. Serve with crusty bread.