|Chopped carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped turnips||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Total)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, cover the vegetables with just enough water to steam them
2. Place the saucepan on a medium flame and bring the water to a boil
3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer the root vegetables for 15 minutes or until they are tender and can be mashed with a fork
4. When cooked take pan off the heat and drain the remaining water. Keep aside till you are ready to make the soup.
5. In a liquidizer or food processor jar, combine the steamed carrots and turnips with 4 cups of water.
6. Pulse for 1 minute till the vegetables are pureed.
7. Pour the puree back into the saucepan and gently heat over a medium flame.
8. Add the remaining 2 cups of water to correct the consistency of the soup.
9. Stir in the tamari and honey into the soup.
10. Season the soup with salt and pepper to your taste. You could add your favorite herb such as parsley, basil or oregano to flavor the soup.
11. Ladle the hot soup into individual soup plates or into a large soup tureen.
12. Serve hot with crusty French bread.
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.48 g0.74%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1162.7 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 320.7% Vitamin C 91.7%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet