Italian Wedding Soup with Meatballs
|Ground beef/Bison||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chicken broth||9 Cup (144 tbs) (Or Do A 6/3 Split With Water If Concerned With Sodium.)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated romano cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Handful)|
1. In large pan or pot, heat up chicken broth over high heat, bring to boil.
2. Meanwhile in a bowl, mix beef, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and pinch of salt until all ingredients are well blended.
3. Using your hands, make small little meatballs, no more than 1/2 inch in size.
4. Drop them into the broth to cook over a light boil.
5. Boil lightly for about 1 hour until meatballs are fully cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta (orzo), drain and set aside. (keep a little water to prevent them from sticking in one bunch).
7. When meatballs are done, place orzo in empty soup bowls then ladle the soup on top.
8. Top with extra Romano cheese if desired.
This video is a creation of simpleitaliancooking. You can visit simpleitaliancooking for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg33%
Sodium 1151.4 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 26 g51.7%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet