Seven Green's Soup
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||7 Tablespoon (7/8 Stick)|
|Finely chopped cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red Leaf)|
|Finely chopped lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Romaine Or Iceberg)|
|Finely chopped spinach||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, for garnish|
1. Place a big saucepan on medium heat, add stock and bring till mixture starts simmering.
2. Place another big saucepan on medium heat, add 4 tbsp butter and melt it. Stir in lettuces, cabbage, parsley, spinach, garlic and alfalfa sprouts and sauté to wilt. Mix with simmering stock and cook gently.
3. Meanwhile, add 3 tbsp butter in saucepan, add 3 tbsp flour and stirring intermittently, cook for 3 to 5 minutes, till mixture leaves the pan sides. Add to simmering stock and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, to thicken the soup.
4. Blend in half and half. Add pepper and salt to taste.
5. Use finely chopped chives for garnishing and serve hot.