Cold Spinach Soup
|Spinach||1 Pound, washed in salt water and trimmed|
|Scallions||3 , coarsely chopped|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Dill sprig||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1) Blanch the spinach and puree it.
2) To the pureed spinach add parsley, cucumber, scallions, dill and chicken broth.
3) Blend them to a fine paste.
4) Adjust sugar and seasoning.
5) Hot spinach soup can be served with chopped hard boiled eggs or croutons.
6) Strips of smoked salmon is a popular garnish for cold spinach soups.