Split Pea And Salt Pork Soup
|Dried green split peas||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Salted pork||1⁄4 Pound, scored|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a large microwavable bowl or casserole, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir.
3. Cover bowl or casserole with plastic wrap or a lid.
4. Microwave soup at HIGH for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring after every 15 minutes until peas are tender.
5. Add more hot water if you want a thinner soup.
6. Ladle hot soup into a tureen or into individual soup bowls.
7. Serve piping hot with crust bread if you like.