Split Pea And Salt Pork Soup
|Dried green split peas||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Salted pork||1⁄4 Pound, scored|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a large microwavable bowl or casserole, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir.
3. Cover bowl or casserole with plastic wrap or a lid.
4. Microwave soup at HIGH for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring after every 15 minutes until peas are tender.
5. Add more hot water if you want a thinner soup.
6. Ladle hot soup into a tureen or into individual soup bowls.
7. Serve piping hot with crust bread if you like.
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg5.4%
Sodium 633.4 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.3%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet