Cheese Velvet Soup
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded process american cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Place a 3-quart Dutch oven on a low flame and melt butter in it.
2) Saute the onion in the melted butter until tender.
3) Mix salt and blend in flour and cook the mixture with constant stirring for a minute.
4) Pour the milk gradually and cook with constant stirring over medium heat.
5) Allow the mixture to thickened and bubble.
6) Lower the heat and add the cheese.
7) Keep stirring it until it melts completely.
8) Next, mix in the pimiento and peas and heat the soup very well but don’t boil.
9) Serve with fresh brown bread.