Cheese Velvet Soup
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded process american cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Place a 3-quart Dutch oven on a low flame and melt butter in it.
2) Saute the onion in the melted butter until tender.
3) Mix salt and blend in flour and cook the mixture with constant stirring for a minute.
4) Pour the milk gradually and cook with constant stirring over medium heat.
5) Allow the mixture to thickened and bubble.
6) Lower the heat and add the cheese.
7) Keep stirring it until it melts completely.
8) Next, mix in the pimiento and peas and heat the soup very well but don’t boil.
9) Serve with fresh brown bread.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg25.4%
Sodium 1052.1 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 16 g31%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 47% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet