MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bouquet garni||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grate carrot, onion, potato and turnip.
2. Boil whole tomatoes in water and remove skin; chop them.
3. Dice pumpkin.
4. Cut celery into rings.
5. In a muslin bag or cloth, tie all the herbs.
6. In a large pot, put together all the vegetables.
7. Melt butter and add to the vegetables; mix until vegetables are well coated with butter.
8. Pour water on top, add rice and the bag of herbs; bring the soup to a boil.
9. Boil over high heat for 30 minutes; then reduce heat and simmer for another 2 hours.
10. Remove and discard the bag of herbs.
11. Ladle soup along with chunks of vegetables in a soup plate and serve piping hot.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.9 mg4.6%
Sodium 157.5 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.4%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 1140.5% Vitamin C 162.8%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 37.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet