Cream Of Cabbage Soup
|Cabbage||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tahini||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Tamari||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the cabbage in small squares.
2. In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and blanch the cabbage in boiling water till almost tender.
3. Drain the cabbage and keep aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
5. When the butter starts to foam, stir in the flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Taking pan off the heat, gradually pour in the milk and stirring continuously, blend to a smooth consistency.
7. Return pan on the flame and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
8. Stir in the tahini and tamari.
9. Reduce the flame and simmer the soup for 20 minutes, stirring often.
10. When the soup thickens, add the steamed cabbage, peas, herbs and seasoning.
11. Simmer the soup for another 5 minutes stirring often .
12. Ladle the hot soup into a deep dish soup plate or large soup bowls.
13. Serve with crusty bread.