SOUPE AU PISTOU
|French beans||1 Pound|
|Boiling water||3 Pint|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) (For The Aillade:)|
|Sweet basil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For The Aillade:)|
|Tomatoes||1 , grilled (For The Aillade:)|
|Gruyere cheese||10 Gram, grated (For The Aillade:)|
1. Prepare beans and cut it into 1 inch lengths.
2. Peel and finely chop the potatoes and tomatoes.
3. In a pan, take the vegetables and pour 3 pints of boiling water over it. Cook it.
4. When they are almost cooked, add seasoning as per taste.
5. Add vermicelli and let it cook gently over a very low flame.
To make the Aillade:
6. In a mortar, pound 3 cloves of garlic, a handful of sweet basil and a grilled tomato, without its skin and seed.
7. When it is of a smooth consistency, add 3 tablespoons from the soup.
8. Pour Soupe Au Pistou into a tureen. Stir in the Aillade and top it with grated Gruyere cheese.