SOUPE AU PISTOU
|French beans||1 Pound|
|Boiling water||3 Pint|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) (For The Aillade:)|
|Sweet basil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For The Aillade:)|
|Tomatoes||1 , grilled (For The Aillade:)|
|Gruyere cheese||10 Gram, grated (For The Aillade:)|
1. Prepare beans and cut it into 1 inch lengths.
2. Peel and finely chop the potatoes and tomatoes.
3. In a pan, take the vegetables and pour 3 pints of boiling water over it. Cook it.
4. When they are almost cooked, add seasoning as per taste.
5. Add vermicelli and let it cook gently over a very low flame.
To make the Aillade:
6. In a mortar, pound 3 cloves of garlic, a handful of sweet basil and a grilled tomato, without its skin and seed.
7. When it is of a smooth consistency, add 3 tablespoons from the soup.
8. Pour Soupe Au Pistou into a tureen. Stir in the Aillade and top it with grated Gruyere cheese.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 199.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 14 g55.8%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 115.5%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet