Winter Special Natto Jiru Soup
|Natto||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Daikon radish||2 3⁄4 Ounce (80 Gram)|
|Carrot||1 1⁄8 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Satoimo||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram Taro Potato)|
|Aburaage||1⁄2 (Deep-Fried Sliced Tofu)|
|Spring onion leaves||2|
|For dashi stock|
|Water||500 Milliliter (2 1/8 Cup)|
|Niboshi||1⁄3 Ounce (10 G Dried Baby Sardines)|
1. Cut the daikon radish into quarter rounds. Slice them into quarter inch slices.
2. Cut the carrot into half rounds and slice into ¼ inch slices.
3. Peel the taro potato. Cut the potato into ½ inch rounds.
4. Remove the stems of shiitake mushroom.
5. Cut the mushroom in half.
6. Wrap the deep fried sliced tofu with a paper towel and press it with your hands.
7. Flip it over and press to remove the excess oil.
8. Unwrap the fried tofu and cut it into 1 ½ inch strips.
9. Remove the root part of onion leaves, stack the leaves together and chop it into small pieces.
10. Let the dried sardines soak in water for 30 minutes.
11. Pour the dashi stock into the pot, turn on the burner.
12. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
13. Remove the sardines with a mesh strainer.
14. Drop in the daikon radish, carrot, taro potato, shiitake mushroom and fried tofu.
15. Heat the pot at high heat.
16. When it boils again, remove the foam with a mesh strainer.
17. Put the lid on and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
18. When the vegetables are cooked, take out a little dashi stock and add to miso in a bowl.
19. Dissolve it thoroughly with a whisk.
20. Pour the dissolved miso into the pot.
21. Lightly stir with the ladle and turn off the burner.
22. Put the nacho into the suribachi bowl and pound with the surikogi pestle. Grind it with the pestle in a circular motion.
23. When it becomes very smooth, ladle out a little miso soup from the pot and add to the natto paste.
24. Continue to grind the natto and mix it with the natto soup.
25. If it is too thick, add some extra miso soup and mix.
26. Now add the natto paste to the pot, do it at once without any hesitation.
27. When it starts to boil, turn off the burner.
28. Serve the natto-jiru in a bowl.
29. Sprinkle the chopped green onion.
This video is a creation of cookingwithdog. You can visit cookingwithdog for complete recipes, and more videos.