RICE AND CARROT SOUP
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chives||5 Gram, chopped (For Garnishing)|
1. In a large pan, melt butter.
2. Add onions and cook it till it is golden in colour.
3. Add flour and stir.
4. Add carrots.
5. Add the stock slowly. Bring it to a boil. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add seasoning. Add sugar, nutmeg and rice and bring it to a boil again.
7. Serve Rice and Carrot Soup with chopped chives and fingers of whole wheat toast.