POTATO AND VEGETABLES SOUP
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||3 , diced|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Turnip||1 , diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)|
1. Boil, peel and dice the potatoes.
2. In a pan, melt butter.
3. Add vegetables and brown it.
4. Add flour and milk to make a roux. Keep stirring to avoid formation of lumps.
5. Pour this vegetable mixture into boiling potatoes, stir it briskly.
6. After vegetables become soft, pass it through a sieve. Keep aside some vegetables for decoration.
7. Season as per taste and adjust the thick consistency of the soup and reheat.
8. Serve Potato and Vegetables Soup topped with chopped parsley.