CREAM OF MUSHROOM AND VEGETABLE SOUP
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, chopped|
|Flour/Potato flour - 1/2 tablespoon||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsnips||2 , chopped|
|Green pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. In a pan, take water.
2. Add mushrooms and keep it aside until stock is ready.
3. In another pan, take water.
4. Add chopped vegetables. Let it boil for an hour.
5. Add green pepper and parsley around 15 minutes before the stock is ready.
6. Wash and dry mushrooms. Cut it into pieces.
7. In a separate pan, melt butter.
8. Add onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
9. Add 1 tablespoon flour over the mixture to thicken it. Also add little stock if necessary.
10. Strain to form a puree.
11. Add mashed potatoes and mushrooms.
12. Let it boil.
13. Remove from flame and add cream.
14. Serve Cream of Mushroom and Vegetable soup topped with toasted bread crumbs.