CREAM OF CUCUMBER SOUP
|Stock||5 1⁄2 Pint|
|Hot milk||1 Large|
|Top milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spinach leaves||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Potato flour||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Peel cucumbers.
2. With the help of a vegetable cutter, make around a dozen balls or some other shape and keep it aside to garnish.
3. Grate the rest of the cucumber.
4. In a stew pan, melt butter.
5. Add grated cucumbers, spinach leaves and sugar. Cook it on a very low flame for five minutes ensuring that it does not brown.
6. Gradually add stock, stirring it continuously as you do so.
7. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Strain to prepare puree.
9. Add salt. Season with nutmeg and pepper. In case the consistency of the soup is very thin, add potato flour mixed with water to thicken it.
10. Return to pan. Add hot milk. Heat it but do not boil as this makes cucumber bitter.
11. Remove from flame and add top milk.
12. To serve Cream of Cucumber soup, pour in hot tureen. To garnish add cucumber balls, whole wheat fried bread or top it with yoghurt or cream.