BEAN AND CABBAGE SOUP
|Dried haricot beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|White cabbage||1 Small, shredded|
|Boiling water||3 1⁄2 Pint|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (for saueting)|
1. Soak dried haricot beans overnight.
1. In a pan, sauté sliced onion in hot oil.
2. Add shredded cabbage, beans (which have been soaked overnight) and crushed garlic.
3. Toss it well to coat the oil evenly.
4. Pour boiling water.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Let it simmer for three hours.
7. Serve Bean and Cabbage Soup topped with cheese and fresh green salad as an accompaniment.