CREAM OF ARTICHOKE SOUP
|Jerusalem artichokes||2 Pound|
|Celery leaves/Bay leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk/White stock||2 Pint|
|Cold water||100 Milliliter (to dip artichokes)|
1. Take a pan of cold water and add a slice of lemon to it.
2. Scrub artichokes and peel it. After peeling, dip artichokes in the water and slice it while it is still under the water.
3. Cut onions and celery into small pieces.
4. In a pan, melt fat or butter.
5. Add artichokes, celery and onions. Let it simmer. Ensure that it does not brown and turn it constantly.
6. Pour stock or milk. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Strain and return to pan.
8. Season to taste. Bring it to a boil again.
9. Remove from flame. Add cream
10. To serve Cream of artichoke soup, pour into tureen. Top it with paprika accompanied with croutons.