|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Pearl barley||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
1) Use a chopper, to chop or grate carrots, onions, celery and potato.
2) Thinly slice the mushrooms.
3) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
4) Add barley and basil or savory.
5) Cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat to low.
6) Let it simmer for an hour.
7) Add the chopped vegetables and sliced mushrooms.
8) Simmer this for another 20 minutes by seasoning with salt and pepper.
9) Spoon butter into the soup bowls before pouring the soup. Serve piping hot.