Cream Of Green Pea Soup St Germain
|Frozen green peas||20 Ounce (2 Boxes)|
|Fresh spinach leaves||10|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Veal broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Chicken Bouillon)|
|Fresh green peas||1 Pound (Optional)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chervil/Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1) Take a cast iron saucepan and place the frozen green peas, sliced leeks, shredded lettuce and spinach leaves in it.
2) Add coarse salt, sugar, butter and water to it and boil the ingredients together.
3) Simmer the covered saucepan over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes
4) Force it through a sieve in order to make a puree.
5) Put the saucepan back on the heat and gradually add the veal or chicken bouillon, stirring all the time.
6) Simmer again for 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Cook the fresh green peas.
8) Add the cooked peas and cream to the soup.
9) Garnish it with chervil or parsley before serving.