Cream Of Vegetable Soup
|Potato||1 , diced|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan combine all the vegetables with water.
2. Place on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the flame to low and cover pan with a lid.
4. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
5. Drain vegetables in a colander over a bowl to catch the liquid.
6. Drain peas mixing the liquid with vegetable stock.
7. Add milk to the stock to equal 3 cups of liquid.
8. In a saucepan, melt butter over a low flame.
9. Add flour and seasonings and stir to blend with butter.
10. Taking pan off the flame, gradually pour liquid stirring vigorously till well blended with the roux.
11. Return pan to flame and bring soup to a boil stirring constantly until it thickens.
12. Add vegetables to soup and reheat before serving time.
13. Ladle into soup bowls.
14. Garnish with minced parsley or a sprinkle of paprika.
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg9.9%
Sodium 539.6 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet