Spiced Citrus Bean Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Carrots||1 Pound, roughly chopped (450 Gram)|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Reduced fat coconut milk||200 Milliliter (1 Can)|
|Canned mixed beans||410 Gram, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a deep saucepan, heat the oil.
2) Add in the onions and carrots and gently sauté for 15 minutes till they turn soft and golden.
3) Now add the garam masala and chopped ginger. Stir for 1 minute more.
4) Pour in the orange juice and stock. Bring it to a boil.
5) Allow it to Simmer for about 10 minutes till the carrots become really tender. Pour in the coconut milk and give it a stir.
6) Remove from heat. Use a stick blender to make it into a fine puree.
7) Return to heat and add in the beans. Bring it to a simmer and remove it again.
8) Sprinkle the coriander over the bowls and serve.