Country Style Chicken Soup
|Stewing chicken/6 backs and necks||1 Small|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Bay leaf/1/2 teaspoon dill seeds||1 Small|
|Potato||1 Large, diced|
1. Place chicken in a large stock pot and cover with water.
2. Simmer on a low flame for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3. Add vegetables and herbs.
4. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken onto a plate and allow it to cool slightly before shredding the meat off the bones.
6. Return meat to the broth .
7. Allow the both with meat and vegetables to stand overnight.
8. Skim fat off the surface.
9. Add potato and season soup with salt and pepper.
10. Simmer for 30 minutes until the potato is cooked..
11. Ladle hot soup into 6 soup bowls.
12. Serve with crusty bread.
Use leftover chicken to prepare a quick soup.