Fresh Cod Soup
|Salt pork slice||3|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take the salt pork and cut it into 1 ½ inch squares.
2) Take a large saucepan and melt the butter in it.
3) Brown the pork evenly over medium heat.
4) Add the fillets of cod or the 1-inch sliced pieces of cod.
5) Layer the potatoes, onions and fish alternately in the pan.
6) Add hot water and cover it.
7) Bring the pan to a boil and then continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes become soft.
8) Add savory, butter and milk to it.
9) Season with salt.
10) Serve it warm.