Cream Of Sorrel Soup
|Sorrel||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Potatoes||6 , peeled and sliced|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Top milk||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a pan and heat the butter, add the sorrel to it and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
2) Add the potatoes along with water, salt and pepper.
3) Cover it and simmer for 1 hour.
4 )Force the ingredients through a sieve to cream it
5) Beat the eggs and cream or top milk together
6) Add a tablespoonful of hot soup to the egg and cream mixture.
7) Pour it into the soup, stirring constantly.
8) Garnish it according to choice and serve immediately.
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.6 mg25.9%
Sodium 1316.6 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet