|Bread roll/Round loaf||1|
|Food colouring||1 Teaspoon|
|Breadsticks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
• The size of the cauldron is up to you - you could use a roll like this. But these round loaves look great! Start by cutting a large disc out of the top.
• Take the top off and then put your clean finger tips into the bread and pull the centre out.
• Don't pull out all the bread and leave the hard crust around the edge so that it doesn't spring any leaks.
• To make the cauldron leak proof, beat an egg and paint it on the inside.
• Then put the cauldron on a baking tray to cook in the oven at 180c (Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes.
• Keep your eye on it because you don't want it to burn.
• When the cauldron has cooled down, paint on some flames with food colouring.
• Do this with a clean paintbrush and paint on the food colouring just as you would with ordinary paint.
• Then the cauldron is ready for the soup. Use any kind you like - or why not have a go at making your own?
• Finish it off with some breadsticks, placed around the cauldron to keep the fire burning.