Dry Bread Cream Soup
|Dry bread||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Lard/Bacon fat||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and crumble the bread in it.
2) Pour lukewarm water over it and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
3) Fry the onions in melted lard or bacon fat.
4) Add the savory to it and mix well before pouring it over the bread.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil by stirring constantly.
6) Cover it and let it simmer on low heat for 10 to 20 minutes
7) Beat the eggs into the milk.
8) Remove the soup from the flame, stir in the eggs and butter and serve immediately.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg26%
Sodium 833.3 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 17% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet