THERE IS NOTHING BETTER ON A RAINING DAY TO WARM YOU UP THAN A LARGE BOWL OF CREAMY ARTICHOKE AND LEEK SOUP. THIS DELICIOUS AND EASY TO MAKE RECIPE IS VERY VERSATILE...CAN BE EATEN ALONE WITH LOTS OF GARLIC SOUR DOUGH BREAD OR GOES WELL WITH SMOKE WILD SOCKEYE SALMON OR CHICKEN. A MELLOW DELICATE SOUP WITH A LIGHT CITRUS FINISH. GIVE IT A WHIRL!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided
4 Clove (20 gm)
Chicken stock/Vegetable stock
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1. Chop the veggies – leeks, onion, shallots, garlic, artichoke hearts and coarsely ground in a food processor.
2. In a stock pot add in the butter on low heat.
3. Add in the vegetables, stock, and sherry. Stir and cover with lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Season with salt and blend with electric mixer. Add in the cream.
5. Add another splash of sherry and lemon juice.
6. Garnish the Soup with green onions and serve with garlic sour dough bread.
ARTICHOKES ARE A HUGE SPRINGTIME FAVORITE IN CALIFORNIA. THIS TIME OF YEAR THEY ARE POPPING UP ON MENUS EVERYWHERE. NOW THAT I LIVE ON THE EAST COAST WHERE THE RAIN AND SNOW PERSISTS WELL INTO SPRING I NEEDED A PICK ME UP. THIS RECIPE WAS CREATED TO ADD SOME SUNSHINE INTO MY LIFE.
On the lookout for a healthy creamy soup recipe? Then this video is just the thing for you! Try this low fat recipe for a delicious leek and artichoke soup that is sure to put a smile on your face. Watch the video to know more!
Low Fat Creamy Leek And Artichoke Soup Recipe Video