Puree of Asparagus Soup With Lump Crabmeat
|Large asparagus||3 Bunch (300 gm)|
|Chopped yellow onion||1|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Quart|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh lump crab meat||1 Can (10 oz), pasteurized|
|Sundried tomatoes||5 , thinly sliced|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cut the asparagus into large pieces and coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then roast for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) In a soup pot saute onion, shallots and thyme in extra virgin olive oil. Until wilted.
3) Then add the roasted asparagus, and flour and stir to coat the vegetables. Then add the chicken stock.water and season with salt and pepper.Let simmer for 45 minutes.
4) Then puree in batches and add the zest of 1 lemon and swirl in the heavy cream. Make sure to correct the seasoning.
5) Then in a small saute pan lightly heat the sun dried tomatoes and lump crab meat then place on top of the soup for garnish.
6)Serve in soup bowls and enjoy!
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg10.7%
Sodium 327.4 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet