Prawn and Chilli Soup
|Spring onions||2 , trimmed|
|Whole raw tiger prawns||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Fish stock||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 Milliliter)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Finely grated lime rind||1|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon grass stalk||1|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped coriander||4 Tablespoon|
1.Tb make spring onion curls, finely shred the spring onions lengthways. Place in a bowl of iced cold water and reserve.
2. Remove the heads and shells from the prawns leaving the tails intact.
3. Split the prawns almost in two to form a butterfly shape and individually remove the black thread that runs down the back of each one.
4. In a large pan heat the stock with the lime rind and juice, fish sauce, chilli and soy sauce.
5. Bruise the lemon grass by crushing it along its length with a rolling pin, then add to the stock mixture.
6. When the stock mixture is boiling add the prawns and cook until they are pink.
7. Remove the lemon grass and add the rice vinegar and coriander.
8. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the spring onion curls. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 378 mg126%
Sodium 3663.5 mg152.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 90% Vitamin C 96.6%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet