1. In a pot over medium high heat, heat the olive oil, and saute yellow onion, carrots and celery.
2. Add in about 1 teaspoon of salt and stir to mix.
3. Allow the vegetable to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they start to caramelize.
4. Pour in the water add in chopped and halved onions and bring the stock to a boil.
5. Simmer the stock for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Add in the chicken and noodles, and allow to cook for 12 minutes.
7. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
8. Serve the Gluten-free Chicken Noodle Soup hot.