Natural health physician and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola shares a video fo Luci Lock who demonstrates a simple soup recipe using an unusual summer vegetable - yellow crookneck squash - and fresh basil.
Crookneck squash/Green zucchini
4 , cubed
1 , chop
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a pot, add the butter and onions and saute for a few minutes.
2. Add the yellow squash into the pot.
3. Next, coarsely chop the basil and add it to the bowl along with the vegetable stock.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid. Let this cook for 20 minutes.
5. Once done, using a hand blender, blend the soup into a smooth consistency.
6. Ladle into bowls, garnish with some cream and serve.