Cream of Cauliflower Soup
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , minced|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
1. Steam whole cauliflower (all leaves removed and stem trimmed slightly). Cool until it can be handled safely.
2. Break off florets. Put stems in food processor or blender with enough of the steaming water to blend into a paste.
3. Saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add chicken stock, nutmeg, paprika and cauliflower paste, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and add cream and cauliflower florets, heat but do not boil for about 2 minutes.
5. Serve with cheese as a garnish.
Calories 1477 Calories from Fat 1162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.2%
Saturated Fat 80.4 g402%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 448.4 mg149.5%
Sodium 1389.3 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 35 g70.4%
Vitamin A 103% Vitamin C 272.2%
Calcium 58.7% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet