|Turkey carcass||1 (Turkey Bones With All Meat Removed)|
|Cold water||2 Quart|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2 , cut up|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Converted rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot rings||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked leftover turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
1. Break up the turkey carcass and place in Dutch oven or large soup kettle. Add any left-over gravy and giblets. Add water, salt, Tabasco, parsley, celery stalks, onions, basil, and bay leaf.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low.
3. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Simmer about 3 hours.
4. Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes. Strain turkey liquid through strainer into large saucepan. Let liquid stand about
15 minutes and skim off excess fat.
5. Bring liquid or turkey stock to a boil over medium heat. Add rice and carrot rings. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add turkey pieces and heat thoroughly before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 144.5 mg48.2%
Sodium 4957.4 mg206.6%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.6%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 75 g149.4%
Vitamin A 890.1% Vitamin C 88.8%
Calcium 50.7% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet