|Turkey carcass||1 (Turkey Bones With All Meat Removed)|
|Cold water||2 Quart|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2 , cut up|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Converted rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot rings||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked leftover turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
1. Break up the turkey carcass and place in Dutch oven or large soup kettle. Add any left-over gravy and giblets. Add water, salt, Tabasco, parsley, celery stalks, onions, basil, and bay leaf.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low.
3. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Simmer about 3 hours.
4. Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes. Strain turkey liquid through strainer into large saucepan. Let liquid stand about
15 minutes and skim off excess fat.
5. Bring liquid or turkey stock to a boil over medium heat. Add rice and carrot rings. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add turkey pieces and heat thoroughly before serving.