Tomato Pepper Soup
|Tomatos||4 , sliced into small pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, finely cut|
|Tamarind paste||1 Teaspoon (dissolve and add as per taste)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon (For Soup Powder:)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (For Soup Powder:)|
|Garlic flakes||1 (For Soup Powder:)|
1. Powder the pepper, garlic and cumin seeds and keep aside.
2. Pour oil in kadai, add the asefetoda powder and then the mustard and let it splatter.
3. Now add the tomatos, add the turmeric powder, salt and saute for 2min and slightly mash it.
4. Add little water and then add the tamarind and the made soup powder.
5. Now add 2 cups of water and bring to one boil and switch off the flame.
5. Garnish with Curry leaves and cilantro.
6. Enjoy with steaming rice or relish as plain soup.