Chile Cheese Soup
|Dried pasilla chilies||2 , halved lengthwise and seeded|
|Yellow bell peppers||4 Large|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Low salt chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking potato||1 Pound, peeled and diced to make 2 1/2 cups|
|Diced carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||7 Tablespoon|
1. Combine chile halves and 1 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain; finely chop chiles. Set aside.
2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard stems, seeds, and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes; peel.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute 7 minutes. Stir in yellow bell pepper, broth, and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Place half of soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooch; pour into a bowl. Repeat procedure with other half of soup; stir in chopped chiles.
5. Place red bell pepper and yogurt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
6. Spoon soup into bowls; top with red bell pepper puree and cheese.