Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Lemon grass||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||18 1⁄2 Ounce (or coconut cream)|
|Homemade chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Kaffir lime leaves||12 Gram, chopped (12)|
|Asian vermicelli||250 Gram, cooked (or 1 packet)|
1. In a pot, heat canola oil and saute onion, ginger, garlic, and stir for about 8 minutes or until the onions are soft.
2. Add in the lemongrass cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
3. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute. Add in sambal, curry powder, curry powder, paprika, turmeric, and stir well for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Pour in coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves. Stir well and bring back to a boil and allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken cooks.
5. Using kitchen scissor, cut the cooked noodles in small pieces.
6. In a soup bowl, place the noodles, and spoon the soup over the noodles.
7. Serve soup hot garnished with coriander sprig and lemon wedge on side.
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg2.4%
Sodium 1005.2 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet