1. In a pot, heat canola oil and saute onion, ginger, garlic, and stir for about 8 minutes or until the onions are soft.
2. Add in the lemongrass cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
3. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute. Add in sambal, curry powder, curry powder, paprika, turmeric, and stir well for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Pour in coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves. Stir well and bring back to a boil and allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken cooks.
5. Using kitchen scissor, cut the cooked noodles in small pieces.
6. In a soup bowl, place the noodles, and spoon the soup over the noodles.
7. Serve soup hot garnished with coriander sprig and lemon wedge on side.
This soup is for Asian-food lovers. This is a mock version of the quintessential Thai soup, Tom Ka Gai. However the taste is very close to the real deal without needing "hard to find" ingredients. It is so easy to put together and makes the perfect comfort food, especially welcome during the winter. It can also provide you with added health benefits, helping to ward off the cold or flu. If not, it only takes one trip the Asian market. It's so versatile you can make it vegetarian or substitute chicken for soup