Sweet Corn Soup
|Canned sweet corn||315 Gram (1 Can)|
|Water||935 Milliliter (3 3/4 Cup)|
|Chicken stock cube||2|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Ground pepper||1 Pinch|
|Hot buttered toast||3 (For Serving)|
1. Place the sweet corn, water and chicken stock cubes in a large saucepan.
2. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over a moderate heat.
4. Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add milk and, stirring continuously,cook until sauce is thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
6. Pour white sauce into sweet corn mixture and stir well.
7. Add salt and pepper. Reheat soup.
8. Serve in soup bowls or mugs with hot buttered toast.