How To Make Cream of Tomato & Basil
|For the cream of tomato and basil|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Plum tomatoes||10 , peeled (Fresh or one 28 oz can may be used)|
|Chopped basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water/Vegetable broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the croutons|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (2 - 3 Tbsp)|
|Baguette slices||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
1. Heat up a pot with a couple of tbsp olive oil. Add chopped onions and a large garlic clove, chopped or minced. Let cook for about 6 - 7 minutes.
2. Add 10 peeled plum tomatoes and chopped basil leaves.
3. Add water, and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a pan heated with some olive oil, fry some croutons seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside. (Fry until crisp and brown)
5. Take the simmering soup of the heat, blend until smooth. Strain and pour back into the pot.
6. Whisk in some heavy cream, season with salt and pepper, heat through a little and the cream of tomato and basil soup is ready to serve.
7. Serve warm topped with some shreds of basil and croutons.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg13.7%
Sodium 310 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet