Easy and comforting tomato basil soup!
Perfect for any day of the year!
For the cream of tomato and basil
1 Medium, chopped
1 Large, minced
10 , peeled (Fresh or one 28 oz can may be used)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For the croutons
3 Tablespoon (2 - 3 Tbsp)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into pieces
1 Tablespoon (As needed)
1. Heat up a pot with a couple of tbsp olive oil. Add chopped onions and a large garlic clove, chopped or minced. Let cook for about 6 - 7 minutes.
2. Add 10 peeled plum tomatoes and chopped basil leaves.
3. Add water, and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a pan heated with some olive oil, fry some croutons seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside. (Fry until crisp and brown)
5. Take the simmering soup of the heat, blend until smooth. Strain and pour back into the pot.
6. Whisk in some heavy cream, season with salt and pepper, heat through a little and the cream of tomato and basil soup is ready to serve.
7. Serve warm topped with some shreds of basil and croutons.
Creamy tomato soup has always been a favorite of the health watchers. It is easy and simple to make. Here is a video that will demonstrate the recipe and likely ingredients to make this soup. The chef also gives some ingredient tips for new cooks.