Cheesy Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced, white part only|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, minced|
|Thyme leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs) (homemade)|
|Frozen broccoli||10 Ounce, thawed and drained|
|Frozen cauliflower||10 Ounce, thawed and drained|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1. In a medium pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the leeks, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add in the garlic and thyme, and allow to cook for 15 to 20 seconds.
4. Put in the flour and stirring continuously for about 2 minutes or until well mixed and starts to get golden in color.
5. While stirring, pour in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the soup thicken; stir continuously.
7. Add in the cauliflower and broccoli.
8. Turn off the heat and using a stick blender, blend the soup until it is thick and smooth.
9. Turn on the heat to medium and stir in the cream, cheddar, and additional butter.
10. Stir and heat the soup until the cheddar is melted.
11. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
12. Serve the Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Soup hot with croutons if desired.
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 521
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.2%
Saturated Fat 36.2 g180.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.4 mg60.8%
Sodium 1113.7 mg46.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 27 g53.7%
Vitamin A 91.3% Vitamin C 174.2%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet