Tomato Soup in Ten Minutes
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped, deseeded|
|Vegetable broth/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted, chopped|
|Garlic powder with parsley||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Take a pressure cooker/pan, heat it at a medium heat. Add butter, red onions, olive oil, stir and cook the onion on medium heat.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well. Add the vegetable broth and salt, cover and cook till you hear one whistle of pressure release (if cooking in a pressure cooker). If you cook in an open pot, cook for about 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
3. Add the chopped roasted bell pepper. (If you do not have the roasted bell pepper, cook red bell pepper along with the onions). Using a hand blender, blend till smooth.
4. Add the garlic powder, paprika and brown sugar. Stir to mix well. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper if required.
5. Finally add the heavy cream and stir.
6. Serve warm with croutons and garlic bread.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg9.5%
Sodium 344.5 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 66.8% Vitamin C 45.1%
Calcium 3% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet