Hearty Vegetable Soup
|Beef shin||2 Pound|
|Soup bone||1 Large|
|Thinly sliced cabbage||1 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, pared and cut into 3 inch pieces (6 Whole)|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can / 3 1/2 Cups)|
|Frozen lima beans||5 Ounce (1/2 Of A 10 Ounce Package)|
|Frozen cut green beans||4 1⁄2 Ounce, frozen (1/2 Of A 9 Ounce Package)|
|Frozen peas||5 Ounce (1/2 Of A 10 Ounce Package)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Potato||1 , pared and cube to make 1 cup|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Place beef, soupbone, salt, and 4 quarts water in very large kettle. Cover; bring to boiling. Skim surface.
2. Add cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, green pepper, and tomatoes.
3. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
4. Add other ingredients; simmer, covered, 3 1/2 hours.
5. Remove meat and bone; discard bone.
6. Let meat cool. Cut into cubes; add to soup. Refrigerate several hours.
7. Just before serving soup, skim fat from surface. Slowly heat soup to boiling. Store leftover soup, covered, in refrigerator.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.2 mg9.4%
Sodium 792.2 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 17 g33.3%
Vitamin A 66.2% Vitamin C 50.1%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet