Hearty Vegetable Soup
|Beef shin||2 Pound|
|Soup bone||1 Large|
|Thinly sliced cabbage||1 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, pared and cut into 3 inch pieces (6 Whole)|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can / 3 1/2 Cups)|
|Frozen lima beans||5 Ounce (1/2 Of A 10 Ounce Package)|
|Frozen cut green beans||4 1⁄2 Ounce, frozen (1/2 Of A 9 Ounce Package)|
|Frozen peas||5 Ounce (1/2 Of A 10 Ounce Package)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Potato||1 , pared and cube to make 1 cup|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Place beef, soupbone, salt, and 4 quarts water in very large kettle. Cover; bring to boiling. Skim surface.
2. Add cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, green pepper, and tomatoes.
3. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
4. Add other ingredients; simmer, covered, 3 1/2 hours.
5. Remove meat and bone; discard bone.
6. Let meat cool. Cut into cubes; add to soup. Refrigerate several hours.
7. Just before serving soup, skim fat from surface. Slowly heat soup to boiling. Store leftover soup, covered, in refrigerator.