Chicken noodle soup just like grandmas....from scratch!! This recipe is the best comfort food ever!
This video recipe will show you how to make homemade chicken noodle soup from start to finish. This recipe is quick, easy, hearty and FULL of flavor. Cold & flu season is here divas so stock up those freezers with this comforting soup.
For chicken stock
2 Large, bone- in
2 , unpeeled
5 Cup (80 tbs) (or more)
For the soup
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Medium, peeled, diced
2 Medium, diced
1⁄4 Medium, diced
Low sodium bouillon cubes
Salt & pepper
1. CHICKEN STOCK: In a large pot add chicken breasts, carrots, celery, onions and parsley.
2. Cover with water and add in seasonings.
3. On medium heat, bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
4. When stock is done cooking, remove chicken and set aside to cool.
5. Strain the stock into a bowl and discard the vegetables.
6. Once the chicken is cooled, remove the meat from the bones and set aside. Discard the bones.
7. SOUP: In the same pot return the prepared stock and place on the stove.
8. Add bouillon cubes and allow to completely dissolve by bringing it to a boil.
9. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
10. In a skillet, melt butter. Add the carrot, celery and onion. Saute till they are tender.
11. Add the sautéed vegetables and chicken pieces into the soup and simmer for another 15 minutes or till the carrots are tender and soft. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings if required.
12. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
13. In a serving bowl, serve the soup hot with choice of bread if desired or as it is.
Add the seasonings a little at a time and taste the stock after each seasoning. Season it until the stock tastes just as desired.
Classics never die!! Chicken noodle soup is one such food that is an all time favorite among all age groups. This video shows how to prepare this soup so easily and brings in the right flavor of a warm and homely meal. It is a very savory and tasty.