Lettuce Soup With Yogurt
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Shredded lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Small, diced|
|Chicken stock||300 Milliliter (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Natural yogurt/Cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, lettuce and potato, cover and 'sweat' for 4-5 minutes,
2. Stir in the stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Work in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4. Return to the heat, stir in the milk and reheat gently. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the soup into warm bowls, stir a tablespoon of yogurt or cream into each and sprinkle with chopped mint. Pile a few croutons on top and serve immediately.